A Day In the Life of Mrs.Czuprynski

She is a common face if you go to the library during a study hall or spend a period in there for a class. You need copies, have a computer problem, or need a certain book for a class? Mrs. Joyce Czuprynski (Faculty) is the person to whom you visit. She spends her day working with all the people in the high school, and is always there to help.  Czuprynski has been working at JBHS for nine years as the librarian. She attended college at Penn State Main Campus and received a degree in Child Development. 

Even before students arrive, Czuprynski’s day has already started. 

“Usually when I get in here there is either someone already copying or maybe they already had a problem with the copier that I need to fix; maybe like a copier jam,” says Czuprynski.

Issues like the one described are extremely common all throughout her day. Mrs. Czuprynski also deals with computer issues in the school. Students take their broken or damaged Chromebooks to her, where she then takes them to the technology department.  She also assists and advises students with checking out books that they need for assignments.

The library is a very common place for students and teachers to work and collaborate with technology and knowledge.  Although the library is known to be very technological, it was not always this way.  

“Basically it was a reader’s advisory, then helping people find things on the shelf, and then just checking the resources out,  tracking overdues,”Czuprynski said.

Her responsibilities have changed tremendously over the years. Now Czuprynski is responsible for almost all of the technology in the school.  Often times when students come in for resources, they search for books and other resources online. Her day is packed full of technological problems and using it to assist students.

To help her with all of these things, she has two service learners who often perform many of the same tasks that she does.  Elena McNulty (12) and Kamari Moser (12) devote part of their day to Czuprynski and the library.

“We always fill the copier, we take care of students if it’s busy, we also troubleshoot with computers,” says McNulty. 

McNulty also notes how important Czuprynski is to students and teachers alike.

“Without Mrs. C, simple problems with computers would take longer to be resolved and during study halls, kids can come to the library in a quieter environment,” McNulty said.

Czuprynski is someone who will have the resources needed throughout a student’s or faculty member’s day.  You can find her typing away on a computer or talking to a student in the library anytime you need her, and she is always willing to help.