Breaking News
  • March 21Easter Break - March 29-April 1
  • March 21March 28 - 1 pm dismissal
  • March 21MP 3 ends March 26
The Student News Site of James Buchanan High School

The Rocket Flame

The Rocket Flame

The Rocket Flame

College Application Day

Applying for colleges is one of the most daunting tasks seniors have on their to-do lists. However, the counseling office eases some of the confusion by offering College Application Day. This event will take place on Friday, October 20 in the high school library. It will provide seniors with an opportunity to receive help reviewing and editing their college applications, as well as a chance to speak with Mrs. Hager and other college advisers, who can provide valuable assistance in the application process. 

Representatives from various local colleges including Gettysburg College, Hagerstown Community College, Messiah University, Shippensburg University, and Wilson College will be present. 

In order to help students be prepared and able to take full advantage of the assistance offered, Mrs. Hager will be hosting a presentation on October 17 in the library during period three that will provide an overview of what to expect on October 20 at College Application Day. 

To take full advantage of College Application day, students should consider attending the workshop on October 17 and  should have their transcripts printed prior to the event. Moreover, they should collect the information they need and have it available as they complete these forms. 

During College Application Day, Mrs. Hager will guide students through not only application preparation, but also how to create and complete the FSA ID and the FAFSA. Take some of the stress away from college and FAFSA applications by attending the two college preparation workshops.