Six Tips to Pass an AP Test

Stressed about the test?

April 25, 2018

The end of the school year is approaching, but every student knows along with bright suns and clear skies, the end of the year also brings tests.

Common exams that many students around the globe are preparing for at the end of the year are AP tests. Over the course of two weeks, May 7-18, seven AP tests will be taken here at JBl.

AP tests are meant to help students receive college credits to get a jumpstart on college. The AP credits can be very helpful, but the first step to being able to receive them is by passing the test.

AP tests are scored from a zero to five, but most colleges accept a three or above.

Worried about passing? Below are six tips to help you pass your AP test:

• Practice questions

Many websites online provide questions that reflect what would be asked on an AP test. Students can use these questions to test themselves and understand the material that’s on the AP test. Besides going online, asking AP teachers for extra study material is always an option.

• Manage time

The AP test takes about two to three hours to complete. This is a short amount of time to finish the test and it makes everything fast-paced. The best way to manage your time is to become use to it. When you are home, close your door, sit down and time yourself on questions. You should find a system that works for you in answering questions in the most efficient way possible.

• Review concepts from the first half of the year

Everyone can agree that by the end of the school year, almost everyone has forgotten the material they learned from the first half. So, it is important to go back through and remember everything that was taught over the year by reviewing your prior material.

• Do NOT cram

The most effective studying is done over a course of several weeks of reviewing material. Studies show, according to Prometric publisher of “8 Tips to Help Pass a Standardized Test,”  it is better than cramming all the information in the night before.

• Sleep well

Studies, according to Prometric, have also shown getting sleep rather than studying all night before the test is most helpful. Also, a good night’s sleep will leave you awake and aware during the test.

1.  Do not panic

The best way to focus is when you are calm and relaxed. When stuck on a question, move on, and then come back to it later. Do not worry about the other people taking the test, just focus on your test. Most importantly, feel confident in your knowledge and ability. Go into the test feeling positive and ready.

The Rocket Flame • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Rocket Flame
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal