The Rocket Flame

Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Back to Article
Back to Article

Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Outside the Kalahari Resort and Hotel

Outside the Kalahari Resort and Hotel

Outside the Kalahari Resort and Hotel

Outside the Kalahari Resort and Hotel

Hannah Mellott, Staff

The senior class traveled six hours to Sandusky, Ohio for one last hoorah together May 23 to 25. The Senior Class trip was voted on by the class and Kalahari Resort and Cedar Point Amusement Park was chosen.

The senior class officers, Abigail Mackling (12), Renee Sollenberger (12), Saige Eckard (12), Rachel Manikowski (12), and Madelyn Hissong (12) worked to plan the best trip they could with the help of their advisors, Mrs. Lynn Fleury-Adamek (Faculty) and Mr. Matthew Riegsecker (Faculty).

“It took a lot of collaboration between all of us,” Mackling said. “We had to represent the whole class, not just what we wanted.”

The trip began with departing from the school at 6:30 A.M. on Wednesday. After one stop the class arrived at Kalahari Resort around 12:00 P.M. The resort consisted of an indoor waterpark, outdoor waterpark, an arcade, and several restaurants from which to choose. There was plenty to do to keep busy.

“I really enjoyed the arcade,” Claire Alfree (12) said. “There was a lot to do in the arcade like laser tag, bowling, and games.”

On Wednesday the day was spent in the resort for time to enjoy the waterparks and other attractions. The resort even held a private pasta bar for the class as a free meal.

Lobby of Kalahari Resort and Hotel

Thursday, the class then traveled to Cedar Point Amusement Park and spent the day there. Cedar Point is known as, “The Roller Coaster Capital of the World.”

“We thought Cedar Point would be a great place to go,” Sollenberger said. “The park is huge and there are plenty of rides for everyone, whether you like roller coasters or not.”

The park had many attractions, including restaurants, roller coasters, games, and animals.

“One of my favorite parts of Cedar Point was the petting zoo,” Caitlin Heise (12) said. “It was very hands on you could pet goats, sheep, llamas, and even ride horses.”

Thursday night and Friday morning were spent in the resort. After a long day at Cedar Point, the class was ready to head back to Kalahari to relax. Departure from Kalahari was at 3:00 P.M. Friday, and arrival back to the school was 9:00 P.M.

The class officers saw all their hard work pay off after the trip with positive feedback from the rest of the class.  

“Everyone seemed to love Cedar Point,” Mackling said. “People also liked how we didn’t have strict schedules and we could do whatever we wanted.”

After months of planning and four years of fundraising for the officers and advisors, the trip was finally complete.

“I personally believe the trip went really well,” Mackling said. “Everyone was just there for one last good time as a group.”

After one last time as a class the James Buchanan Class of 2018 is ready to graduate and open new chapters in their lives.

Hannah Mellott, Staff

Hannah Mellott is a part of the JB Student Media staff this year, and it is her first year as a part of the staff. She also plays the flute in the concert...

• Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Entertainment

Santa Tell Me, Are You Really There?

• Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Entertainment

15 Last-Minute Christmas Gift Ideas

• Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Entertainment

10 Ways To Make Your Christmas Season Sleigh

• Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Entertainment

Cable TV or Netflix: which one do you choose?

• Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Entertainment

Hustling and Bustling Through NYC

• Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Entertainment

6 Reasons why you Should Listen to Audio Books

• Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Entertainment

A Spook-tacular Day

• Entertainment

Mercersburg Halloween Parade 2018

• Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Entertainment

How Do You Like That AppleFest?

• Senior Trip to Cedar Point

Entertainment

She Loves Me, She Loves Me Not

The Student News Site of James Buchanan High School
Senior Trip to Cedar Point