This year’s Prom tickets are rubber keychains that look like wood to represent the “Enchanted Gardens” theme. (Madi Dorsey)
This year’s Prom tickets are rubber keychains that look like wood to represent the “Enchanted Gardens” theme.

Madi Dorsey

Taking a Closer Look at Prom 2018

April 23, 2018

Junior Class Officers are preparing for one of the most PROMinent events of the year! Many aspects must be thought out to make the event go smoothly and successfully, ensuring everyone has a good time and a night they will remember forever.

This year’s Prom will take place on May 19 at Green Grove Gardens in Greencastle from 7-10 P.M. Tickets are now on sale through April 27 and prices are $35 for a single and $60 for a couple.

Officers Alyssa Blair (11), Chesney Carbaugh (11), Madi Dorsey (11), Shaelyn Kaiser (11), and Tori Hutchison (11), have always held meetings to agree on decisions for events and fundraising. As juniors this year, they will put together the Prom.

“We’ve been preparing since spring of last year so I feel like we’ve been doing a pretty good job at getting everything together,” said Kaiser.

A big aspect of prom is the theme. The theme is the story that decides what the decorations, food, tickets, and favors will look like.

“The theme is Enchanted Gardens and it’s going to be really pretty,” said Dorsey. “We’re going to have a lot of flowers and lights. We’re hoping that it turns out to look very enchanted.”

The officers spent a chunk of their time flipping through big prom magazines that companies send them filled with theme ideas. They all had to come to agree on a theme that would be fun and fit with the venue.

“We were actually thinking of a Starry Night theme,” said Kaiser. “But since Green Grove Gardens already has a nice garden theme on the outside, we thought it would correlate very well with the inside.”

A lot goes on when prepping for the big event. It is not all just simply picking and choosing. Officers must keep a budget, time, and what students will like while making decisions. They want to make the prom look nice but still keep tickets affordable so students want and are able to attend.

“It’s difficult to stay within the budget sometimes because we want certain things but the expense might be too large so we have to work around it,” said Kaiser. “We’re doing the best we can to keep the tickets cheaper because I know that was a complaint last year.”

With the help of the junior class doing multiple fundraisers since their freshman year, including Joe Corbi, Yankee Candle, Fisher’s Popcorn, and Krispy Kreme donuts, ticket expenses will be lower and more money can be added to the budget.  

“There’s a lot of stress that goes on behind the scenes. You have to talk to decorators, multiple decorators, so you can see who has the best price for what you want,” said Dorsey. “Also, you have to think about what you want and agree on it with your other officers and that’s kind of hard because we all have different tastes.”

Despite different tastes, the junior class officers met in the middle to decide on the best choices for an enjoyable prom that will be remembered by students for a lifetime.

The Rocket Flame • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Donate to The Rocket Flame
$0
$1000
Contributed
Our Goal